• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress Toolkit Maintenance PHTML Error

Alex Miller

New Pleskian
TITLE:
WordPress Toolkit Maintenance PHTML Error
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk 17.5.3x on CentOS 7.3, WordPress 4.8.2
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I'm receiving the following error in my WordPress debug.log:

`[01-Nov-2017 05:01:22 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: timer in /wp-content/maintenance/template.phtml on line 22`

This is happening throughout all my sites and is not limited to just 1 install.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  • Enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG flag in wp-config.php
  • Update WordPress
ACTUAL RESULT:
The error writes to my debug log every time WordPress updates​
EXPECTED RESULT:
The expected result is nothing get written to my debug log.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Can we add additional checks and balances to the PHTML code to ensure features are enabled and variables are set?

Maybe check if `$timer` isset before using it:

`if( isset( $timer ) && $timer['enabled'] )`

I'm hoping the issue gets looked into and updated. My debug logs are kept running to track actual issues with the WordPress install so they can be resolved accordingly.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Thanks for looking into this! The wp.org thread was also created by me to narrow down where the maintenance files were coming from. If you need any further information to help resolve this issue I'd be glad to help. We'll update the files on our end in hopes that WPT team will push out an update soon!

Thank you. Bug was confirmed and submitted as EXTWPTOOLK-972.

Thank you. Bug was confirmed and submitted as EXTWPTOOLK-972.

I originally thought by removing the maintenance files they would be re-added with the fix in place but as of 11/30/2017 I'm still seeing the same error. Is there an ETA on the implementation of the fix or is there a repo where I can track the submitted issue `EXTWPTOOLK-972`?

Back