• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WordPress Toolkit: "Sync data with another instance" is not working anymore

Iman Gozal

New Pleskian
Hey Guys,

I have this problem on two different servers. Both are on "CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 (Core)‬" one of them is using Plesk "Version 17.5.3 Update #22" and the other is using Plesk "Version 17.5.3 Update #21".

The problem is that on all subscriptions, once I click on "Sync data with another instance" button in WP Toolkit, it takes a few seconds (almost 30 seconds to a minute) and then it returns "Error: Unable to read or execute files from the WordPress root directory." or "Error: This WordPress installation is not configured. Go to the WordPress administrator's interface and finish configuring it. Then click the Refresh button."

The thing is that WordPress websites are working fine but only this feature is not working anymore.

I've detached the instances and scanned again but it didn't work.
I've also did a Plesk repair but it didn't helped too.

I've check these log files but nothing was logged there:

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log
/var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log
/var/log/plesk/panel.log
/var/log/messages

Would you please let me know if you have any idea that how should I find a solution for this problem?

Thanks
Iman

P.S. I believe it's a global issue not just a subscription or instance since the problem occurs even on new WP installations.

Last edited:
I've reinstalled WP-Toolkit but it didn't helped.

I've noticed that there are some broken instances. Detached them and everything is working fine now.

Hi UFHH01,

Yeah sure. That's something that should be considered too... By the way I didn't find such problem on another server with same OS and this issue was because of problems in two other VHosts...

Back