• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress toolkit update progress stuck

Paul Creedy

Basic Pleskian
Hi

I started off the updates to the Wordpress themes/plugins etc and it failed. This has left a permanent progress bar bottom right of my control panel.

I've since done further Wordpress updates which have succeeded but the original progress bar will not go away. This is several days later and after server restarts.

See screenshot

Any idea how to make it go away?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 7
Looks like asyncronous task which should to update your WordPress is realy stuck for some reason. Is corresponding WordPress plugins really updated at this moment?

Could you please clarify which Plesk version do you use?

Looks like asyncronous task which should to update your WordPress is realy stuck for some reason. Is corresponding WordPress plugins really updated at this moment?

Could you please clarify which Plesk version do you use?

Hi

OS ‪Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #44, last updated on April 3, 2018 06:30 AM

It's a new account so I only have a few instances of Wordpress on there to test it out. They are all updated apart from a couple that need manual intervention to update them as auto update isn't available for those plug ins due to the version.

Interestingly there is a 'broke' instance where Plesk thought there was another Wordpress instance inside an existing instance. See screen shot. This was where the Site transfer extension dropped files as a folder inside an existing instance instead of on top of it. I've deleted the folder but Plesk still seems to thing there's a Wordpress site there even though the folder doesn't even exist. This is another error that I would like to get rid of.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 5
After waiting for 10 days, the task is still in my control panel and I can't get rid of it.

Is there a way to get this off my screen, either through the UI or manually?

I asked support to look at this and it was fixed with the following:

1. Created a backup of Plesk database:
# MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysqldump -u admin --skip-extended-insert psa > psa.dump.`date +%F.%s`.sql
2. Deleted tables, which had the task with the WordPress plugin update task:
# plesk db
mysql> truncate longtasks;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.20 sec)
mysql> truncate longtaskparams;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.06 sec)
3.Restarted the update plugin task iin WordPress > Plugins > select all > Update:

Back