• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

WordPress under Plesk 12 not working together

Rene12

New Pleskian
Hello folks,
I got a problem with using WordPress.

When installing using Plesk, there is always a default database and the name doesn't correspond to the website title.

Therefore I downloaded wordpress from the offical website and got it work work in the subfolder wordpress. Normaly I used to installl wordpress in the root folder but since using a seperate folder for wordpress make the webspace looking much morge organize I put wordpress files into the folde wordpress.

The problem though is, that I can not have the Website to appear by opening www.domain.com only by entering the the wordpress folder after the domain.

I folllowed this instructions:
http://www.optiniche.com/blog/145/wordpress-tutorial-install-wordpress-in-a-different-directory/

I always see this strange Plesk example page.

When putting a fresh WordPRess installation in the main root folder I get an "Internal Server Error"

How can I use Wordpress on the main page?

Do I need to reinstall the Windows Server without Plesk?

Thank you!

regards

Hi Rene12,

this issue may occure, because you still have the default "index.html" in your root folder. Just rename it to ".old.index.html" ( if you would like to keep the file ), or delete it from your root folder. Be aware, that your domain configuration mostly have location definition, which look like this:
Code:
    location ~ /$ {
        index index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml index.htm index.shtml;
    }
As you can see, the "index.html" is listed before the "index.php" and that is the reason why it is served in the first place.

The same way you installed wordpress while in the root folder should be the same procedures you use while installing it on the root. I don't see any possibility of you facing problems here ...

Back