• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

wordpress updating problems, and ftp required

moises

New Pleskian
Hi, i´m so sorry i haven´t been able to find a solution yet to this problem... i have created a customer account with the domain, database and i have also installed wordpress 4.0... everything right, but when i try to update wordpress to 4.1 version i notice two problems: first is that the response becomes soooo slow, anyway i get a screen with ftp user requirement... i don´t want that step, but even if i instroduce ftp host, user and password the website gets thinking and thingking and never do the update. I´ve tryed to delete a pluggin to see if there is a kind of connection problem but i can do it so fast (also introducing ftp requirement too...) i have also changed wp-content folder permissions to 777 but it doen´t work at all... any suggestion¿? i don´t want to introduce ftp data in wp-config file. Thanks! (plesk 11.5.30 on CentOS 6.6)

I expect that switching the PHP mode to Fastcgi resolves your problem. Also do not forget set the permission of the wp-content folder map back to 755
(777 is not safe)

Back