• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordress Login ERROR: cookies are blocked

net4earning

New Pleskian
Hi,
new here plz help me
i have added a new domain to my account and installed the wordpress and did it successfully, then using the PHPmyadmin changed the home and site url to preview url, so that i can work on temorery site,

my site is showing in the browser but when i try to login i get this error "ERROR: cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress."

plz guide me on this issue
thanks in advance

Go to Plesk > Domains > example.com > File Manager

3. Open the file wp-config

4. Add the following lines:

Code:
define('ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('COOKIEPATH', '');
define('SITECOOKIEPATH', '');
define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] );

Go to Plesk > Domains > example.com > File Manager

3. Open the file wp-config

4. Add the following lines:

Code:

Thanks IgorG for your reply,
but facing same issue after adding above code config.php

unfortunately, I forgot my domain https://outdoortrends.net/ login detail a few days ago. My laptop hard crashed, and I lost everything from my computer I don't know the email which I have set the log in detail now what I can do? please suggest me i am really worried about that

Last edited:
Using credentials I knew were correct, I kept receiving the message “ERROR: Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.” This, despite having cookies enabled in Chrome. There are some other possible causes of this message, but check this first if you’ve encountered the same issue.

First check WP-CONFIG.PHP

After disabling all plugins and active theme, I was still unable to login, so I took a closer look at WP-CONFIG.php. At the top was a line added by the popular W3 Total Cache plugin still referencing the old domain. Removing this line (and the odd paragraph symbols indicating invalid line endings) I was able to log in without the message.

You’ll need FTP access to edit WP-CONFIG.php. Be sure to check out other possible causes of this message if it persists.

Dears,
I just back to you because for my customer it is needed to have the same scenario: install wordpress with a preview version as Plesk provides in order to already configure and import everything needed before to switch the domain name to my host.
So, I have exactly the same issue as for you guys, unfortunately when I see my WP-CONFIG php file I don't see any issue regarding a possible plugin.
Even by adding the following lines in WP-CONFIG php file this is NOT working:
PHP:
This is still not working, so as it didn't do anything I removed those lines.
Any idea why the preview mode doesn't allow us to logon the wordpress admin due to Cookie configuration? And then, do you have any tip to help to deal with such issue?

Thank you,
Corend

Hello, I face the same problem. I have migrated a wp site to a new server with plesk migrator. I can not log in. I try various and many solutions during 10 days in order to solve this issue. No solution. So, i have no other choice to cancel plesk and reinstall the site in debian without plesk. Grrrrr…

@NicolasUni
- You see the same cookie message that the original poster mentioned?
- Is your domain that is configured in the siteurl and homepage datasets of your *_options table pointing to the new server?

Back