• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Worth upgrading from Plesk 9? Antivirus / spam concerns

L

LeeGrant

Hi,

Currently running Plesk 9.5.x with antivirus and spam from 4psa

4psa do not seem to be supporting Plesk 10, so I need to ditch them.

Is it worth upgrading to Plesk 10?

What is the spam and antivirus like?

My other alternative (apart from staying on 9 ) is to move to cpanel - so please sell Plesk 10 to me! :)

I am just nervous about getting inundated with spam and viruses and having loads of complaints!

(also what is the backup options like in Plesk 10)

Thanks.

LeeGrant,

We upgraded from Plesk 9 to 10. It is a TOTALLY different system and we have been dogged with issues and bugs, many of which remain unsolved. I am a fan of Plesk, but personally I would recommend that you stay with Plesk 9 for now. If you move to Plesk 10 you cannot go backwards! We are now having to make it work. Spend a bit of time on these forums and you will see the numerous bugs that people are still working around.

If you do migrate, Igor and Sergey are both very helpful with posts on these forums if treated with the respect that they deserve. They cannot fix all problems but they have a difficult task and need to be respected for that - they are there to help us all and imho they work tirelessly to prioritise everything being identified.

If you do not know atomicturtle (post above), then I fully endorse all he says and if you do not have their Atomic Secured Linux (ASL) server protection, then it is invaluable and you really must get that. Finally, on spam reduction consider adding Spamdyke to your golf bag of tools as it is very effective.

I hope that helps.

Back