• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Which is the best Email Spam protection for Plesk

mschenk

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu, Rocky, Debian and CentOs
Plesk version and microupdate number
newest
Hi, I have been using Plesk for more than 10 years. I own and manage about 20 different Plesk servers. Now I started to mount a dedicated Plesk server, which I will use only for email accounts. Up to now, I used the integrated spam protection of Plesk. Now I am thinking of an alternative, but I am uncertain if it's worth the money. I think an interesting alternative could be Spam Experts Email Security. I also heard that Plesk Email Security is not recommended. But I really have no own experience with these packages. What do you recommend me and why? I am looking for a good price/money relation. I also have offers from Spam Titan. The problem is that I sell email accounts to small businesses. So, they ask normally for 5 email accounts. But ultimately, they use only one or two. So, my issue is that normally they make you pay per email address and some also per active alias. Isn't there anyone who is charging by processed messages or by detected spam messages? Maybe that would make it much easier to start with them.

So what is it you hope to gain out of a alternative spam solution for Plesk? Higher spam catch ratio (i.e better filter)? Easier to change confutation yourself (from GUI)? AV scanning? Elaborate reports? Or just something you setup and forget about?

Last edited:
So what is it you hope to gain out of a alternative spam solution for Plesk? Higher spam catch ratio (i.e better filter)? Easier to change confutation yourself (from GUI)? AV scanning? Elaborate reports? Or just something you setup and forget about?
Higher spam catch ratio. Something you setup and forget about.

Back