• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WP home pages redirected to plesk standard page

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I have a new CentOs with Onyx installation and started to migrate a few wordpress websites (subscriptions) from another server, using the plesk migrator under tools&settings. At first I was blocked by the dedicated IP address (the message was: "There is not enough free exclusive IPv4 addresses on target Plesk to map all source exclusive IP addresses"); I changed it temporarily to shared and I could do the imports. Source server was dedicated, though.

After that, all looked fine except that I cannot access some of the home pages of the migrated websites: some websites look normal, others show the plesk standard page "welcome to parallels, etc."
Nothing special on the .htaccess; I tried apache-fastcgi, nginx-fpm, always the same.

Has this anything to do with the shared/dedicated ip, perhaps? What other investigation routes do you suggest, please?

Regards

Well, apparently the culprit was a index.html file sitting there; weird, as I had no issue on the other server with that. Anyway, good to know.

I am still puzzled by the dedicated/shared IP issue of the migrator. I still have a few to migrate and I wonder what sort of a problem I am building up by trickying it. Any idea of what might be on going? Is it a migrator bug and I am the first one to get it?
Here is the full extract:

|- Subscription 'xyz.com'
| |
| |- warning: There is not enough free exclusive IPv4 addresses on target Plesk to map all source exclusive IP addresses. This subscription will be migrated to default shared IP address
| |
| | Add more free exclusive IP addresses to target panel or change IP addresses of migrated subscriptions after migration
| |
| |- warning: There is no shared IPv4 address on target Plesk.
| |
| | Fix Plesk configuration so there is at least one shared IPv4 address
| |
| `- error: There is no shared IPv4 address on target Plesk. Subscription can not be migrated.
|
| Fix Plesk configuration so there is at least one shared IPv4 address
|

I had the same problem on a new Centos 7 server. After changing to shared IP everything worked well. In my opinion the default value for the IP addresses should be shared and not dedicated.

Hi Franco,

Well, apparently the culprit was a index.html file sitting there; weird, as I had no issue on the other server with that. Anyway, good to know.

did you know, that the basic setting for your domain - specific content ( when you use the combination nginx AND apache as webservers ) in your nginx - configuration is defined with:

location ~ /$ {
index index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml index.htm index.shtml;
}
Pls. consider to inspect domain - specific log - files, to get to the root cause of an issue with apache and/or nginx. It helps as well to inspect your domain - specific - configuration files.

Hi, thank you for the information, I'll make sure I do not have an index.html for WP subscriptions, in other cases I have to keep them.

Coming back to the shared/dedicated IP I found our that the reverse DNS check performed by some smtp gateways fail and they reject emails generated by the server (from contact forms, for instance). I had then to go back to dedicated in order to fix that. Does it make sense to someone or am I the only one seeing it?

Hi Franco,

pls. consider to stay on a thread - topic. Pls. feel free to open as much NEW threads for your each of your different issues/errors/problems/questions/inputs as possible. ;)

Back