• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WP Toolkit Clone Failing

GGCoffee

New Pleskian
I'm running into the following error when I try to use the clone feature of WP Toolkit. Just used the tool earlier this week without issue. Not sure what caused this to start happening. If someone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

• Execution copy has failed with exit code 1, stdout: Sync content of '/var/www/vhosts/den.com/httpdocs' (target) owned by 'acd' with 'acd@localhost::root/httpdocs/.htaccess' (source) owned by 'dev2'
  • , stderr: rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
  • rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(759) [receiver=3.0.6]

Image of the issue below.
FgwGxKd.png

We are getting the same exactly thing.... we do this every day...but just tonight we get this error. Is there some type of update that broke things?

I tested a fresh wordpress install and it DID clone but our custom version no longer clones....

upload_2017-11-19_20-36-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-19_20-36-24.png
    upload_2017-11-19_20-36-24.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 1
Boy we have some pretty tight security here so I can't just give access to our sites....what else can I give you to trouble shoot. Do you guys update the Wordpress Toolkit in the background? We haven't applied any Plesk updates for a few weeks so I'm just curious if this could be an update you guys do.

Are there log files I can give you?

Hello,

When copying content between different subscriptions WordPress Toolkit starts rsyncd under source subscription user and then starts rsync client under target subscription user. When started, rsyncd bind to localhost and listen on 11000 port (could be configured via panel.ini using 'rsyncdPorts' parameter). Looks like this schema doesn't work properly in your case. If you can provide us access to your environment (via private conversation or via support request), we can found the root cause quickly and provide a solution.

Anyway, as a hot fix, you can switch WordPress Toolkit to use old schema of copying content while cloning or syncing WordPress instances, you need to disable using of rsync via Plesk configuration file (panel.ini):

[ext-wp-toolkit]
;rsyncdPorts = 11000..11010
allowRsync = false

Thanks your hotfix worked for us :)

So we are using Plesk Multi Server.... perhaps that has something to do with it. I will contact my server company tomorrow and have them contact you about this to troubleshoot as they have a Plesk Guru on staff.

For now it is working for our needs. Thanks you just saved us a bunch of extra work tonight.

I apologise for the inconvinience. Could you please check, is your source and target subscriptions located on the same node, or on different nodes? It could give us an idea there could be the root cause.

Your hotfix worked for us too, thanks.

In our case we are not using Plesk Multi Server. Is there any info I can provide you with to help you troubleshoot this?

Hello,

Thank you for feedback! Glad I could help. Unfortunately, with this workaround you can not use new WordPress Toolkit feature: fast WordPress instances synchronisation with ability to copy only modified files, because it required rsync.

We can investigate the root cause and, I belive, will be able to found solution quickly if you give us access to you Plesk server. You can do it by placing a support ticket or directly to me via private conversation.

If it is not suitable for you for some reason, could I please send you few commands to execute on your environment? It could help us to clarify the conditionof this issue.

I noticed that our Plesk had an upgrade available from 17.0.17 to 17.5.3 . After the upgrade I removed the hotfix and ran a copy test without running into the issue. Hoping this fixed the issue.

Back