• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs WP Toolkit error: Database credentials not working on installation dialog when the database does not yet exist

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
User name: Peter Debik

TITLE

WP Toolkit error: Database credentials not working when the database does not yet exist

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS 7.8
Plesk Onyx with latest MU
WP Toolkit 4.10.0-4072

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Previously no issues on the machine.
Now we are getting reports that customers cannot create new Wordpress websites using the WP Toolkit. The toolkit installation page fields are filled with database credentials as always, but when the installation starts:
plesk_01.jpg

Wordpress is not installed afterwards.

Installation page looks like this (database credentials are present):
plesk_02.jpg

However, when I create a database manually and then enter its credentials into the installation dialog, the intallation runs and finishes without any errors.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Click "Install Wordpress", don't make any changes to the dialog, click "Install".

ACTUAL RESULT

Installation fails with these messages:
plesk_01.jpg

This only occurs when using the preset of the fields. When I enter the data of an exsisting database, the issue does not occur.

EXPECTED RESULT

Install as always

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Thank you, Peter. The issue is caused by EXTWPTOOLK-5552. The fix is expected in WPT 4.10.1 version.

I have a general question on this, please. Sometimes you or other staff post IDs like EXTWPTOOLK-5552. However, we, as normal users, don't seem to have a place where we can follow these case IDs. Is that correct or have I missed something? Because else prior to reporting I'd check whether a bug is already known.

I have a general question on this, please. Sometimes you or other staff post IDs like EXTWPTOOLK-5552. However, we, as normal users, don't seem to have a place where we can follow these case IDs. Is that correct or have I missed something? Because else prior to reporting I'd check whether a bug is already known.
Peter, the list of fixed bugs is always specified in the changelog Change Log for Plesk Obsidian

O.k., I just thought there is a list of open bugs, too. Anyway, thank you for pointing that out.

Back