• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WP-Toolkit update broke permalinks

We face the same issue here. I was wondering if the wp function flush_rewrite_rules() could be a solution for all of us by placing it in an according wordpress hook. But I can‘t figure out which hook should be used :S Has anybody an idea? Or is the shell script with a cron runner the only solution at the moment?

Btw. I refer to the thread start initial issue that permalinks of crp are broken after wptoolkit do his magic automated stuff.

We face the same issue here. I was wondering if the wp function flush_rewrite_rules() could be a solution for all of us by placing it in an according wordpress hook. But I can‘t figure out which hook should be used :S Has anybody an idea? Or is the shell script with a cron runner the only solution at the moment?

Btw. I refer to the thread start initial issue that permalinks of crp are broken after wptoolkit do his magic automated stuff.

That's what I tried to do and was pretty sure it would solve this issue. But, it didn't.
Maybe the "upgrader_process_complete" isn't the right hook in this case. This is the code I used:

Code:
function do_rewrites() {
  flush_rewrite_rules();
}

add_action( 'after_switch_theme', 'do_rewrites' );
add_action( 'upgrader_process_complete', 'do_rewrites' );

Reactions: sp7
That's what I tried to do and was pretty sure it would solve this issue. But, it didn't.
Maybe the "upgrader_process_complete" isn't the right hook in this case. This is the code I used:

Code:
function do_rewrites() {
  flush_rewrite_rules();
}

add_action( 'after_switch_theme', 'do_rewrites' );
add_action( 'upgrader_process_complete', 'do_rewrites' );

Thanks for your response. Such bad luck we just wanted to try the after_switch_theme. Than we search on for other hooks. Mean a while hopefully someone find a hook or a handy workaround that could solve this issue. A cron with a low interval is too consuming :/

Edit: The latest solution we faced in our agency for that is to disable the whole automatic update functionallity and create a weekly cron script that fires the update of all instances manually and afterwards rebuilds the permalinks over the shell script above.

Last edited:
Back