• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WP Toolkit update broke update rules?

Soulstudio

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 9.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.44 Update #1
Hi,

I was using a few months old WP toolkit version and everything was working fine. Auto-updates for core, plugins and themes were disabled since I use WP Toolkit to manually update everything each week. Some websites have theme / plugin issues so auto-updates are a big no-no in my case.

Today we updated Plesk and WP Toolkit to the latest versions and now auto-update rules seem to be broken.

1. WP Toolkit documentation is obsolete: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...plugins-and-themes-in-Plesk-WordPress-Toolkit

This is NOT how WP Toolkit update options look like now. There is no option to disable ALL theme and plugin auto-updates anymore ???

This is how it looks like now (nothing like the documentation page).

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11-26-05 Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44.png

2. No matter which options I choose, I always get this (plugin and themes updates are always on auto-update).

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11-24-29 Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44.png

My question is, how do I completely disable auto-updates for my themes and plugins via WP Toolkit in this version?

Have you tried to switch off "Autoupdat all plugins"?

Screenshot 11.png

Interesting.... when I do that, ALL themes and plugins have auto-updates disabled already (from before), as they should.

However, they are still marked as if they have auto-updates enabled.

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11-24-29 Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44.png

It seems there is a bug in the UI — it shows "Auto" badge for plugins and themes which are not really had auto updates enabled.
Corresponding ticket ID is EXTWPTOOLK-9294.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

It seems there is a bug in the UI — it shows "Auto" badge for plugins and themes which are not really had auto updates enabled.
Corresponding ticket ID is EXTWPTOOLK-9294.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm glad it got confirmed as a bug! No problem, glad to help!

Thank you!

Back