• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WPB 12 How do i properly copy a site to another domain?

Wendell

New Pleskian
How do i copy the design and content from one domain to another domain? I need to be able to edit the copied site's content, but I do NOT want anything to change with the domain that it was copied from. I want the 1st domain to stay unchanged. Site 1 and site 2 have the same design and even some of the same content. To save time, it would be nice to not have to rebuild a whole new site. I will be having to make many more sites with this same design structure.
Thank you.

We have multiples of community based sites that we operate - same design on each site, but different content. From what i read, i should use snapshots to copy a site design to create a new site. So I took a snapshot of site #1 and applied that snapshot to site #2, but now it seems as though the two sites are connected. You would think when I take a snapshot of site #1 and apply it to site #2 (which is a separate domain) that both sites would be independent of each other. This is not happening. When I edit site #2, the same editing is happening in site #1. If I want to change something on site #2 (whether it is a design element or a content element) it should not change it on site #1. But it is! Why is this happening?

Back