• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

WPB 12 How do i properly copy a site to another domain?

Wendell

New Pleskian
How do i copy the design and content from one domain to another domain? I need to be able to edit the copied site's content, but I do NOT want anything to change with the domain that it was copied from. I want the 1st domain to stay unchanged. Site 1 and site 2 have the same design and even some of the same content. To save time, it would be nice to not have to rebuild a whole new site. I will be having to make many more sites with this same design structure.
Thank you.

We have multiples of community based sites that we operate - same design on each site, but different content. From what i read, i should use snapshots to copy a site design to create a new site. So I took a snapshot of site #1 and applied that snapshot to site #2, but now it seems as though the two sites are connected. You would think when I take a snapshot of site #1 and apply it to site #2 (which is a separate domain) that both sites would be independent of each other. This is not happening. When I edit site #2, the same editing is happening in site #1. If I want to change something on site #2 (whether it is a design element or a content element) it should not change it on site #1. But it is! Why is this happening?

Back