• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WPB Facebook App: Why does Parallels want my Facebook friends list?

dave-ha

Regular Pleskian
Trying to integrate a WPB site into a Facebook page for the first time. As usual the Facebook App asks for permission to access my general Facebook data plus my Facebook friends list. What confuses me is that the friends list is required for the integration process. Why does Parallels need that and what does it you do with that data?

I was on a webminar with Parallels showing the software and when I asked if we can customize the Facebook app they had no idea of what I was telling them about.

I told them when a user publishes to Facebook he is redirected to the Parallels Facebook page and app and if we would have a way to customize this. As a service provider I don´t see why in the world you would brand the software and then send users to the Parallels Facebook app. So the logic things is that Parallels will let us download the app and setup it up on our Facebook page.

This would also solve exactly this type of questions. Publishing to Facebook is a nice feature, but its not ready for service providers yet. Not if it has to be used on the Parallels Facebook account.

Hi, dave-ha.

Our application does not require access to friends list. It's require only "publish_stream,manage_pages".
So, I'm not sure why you asked for "read_friendlists" permission.

Also I see at FB docs: "When a user logs into your app and you request no additional permissions, the app will have access to only the user's public profile and also their friend list." Maybe it's a reason. I'll create a bug to investigate this.

alien-nibb, I've forwarded your feedback to WPB PM.

Last edited:
Egor, thank you for checking. Yes, that's what the app asked for, the public profile and the friends list. Please keep me updated on your findings.

Back