• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

WPT Smart Update - User Purchase Gives Extension Installation Error

FutureX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.6 (Sky Tiger)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.45 Update #2
I just logged in as a customer and attempted to purchase Smart Update as the customer and was shown this error:

You do not have permission to install extensions. Please contact your hosting provider.

I looked through the permissions and don't see any place to allow it for a customer

Thanks!

It is correct behaviour, extensions can be installed only by Plesk admin.
So, purchase it under an admin account.

But the customer is shown the switch to activate Smart Updates. Then they see the "This is a Premium Feature" and a Purchase button. When the customer clicks "Purchase" they see the error that they don't have permission to install extensions. It looks like a mistake/bug to the customer. They should be able to complete their purchase and activate Smart Updates. If they have to then open a support ticket and I have to purchase it for them and bill them for it, it just creates a lot of wasted motion/time.

Looks like a bug, we will improve this scenario in near time.

Thanks for flagging.

Back