• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wrong and misleading notification about exceeded allotments

W

WernerKuhn

Hello again!

I'm using Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 (build: v10.4.4_build1013120126.11 os_CentOS 5). One of my hosting clients has subscribed to a package featuring a total of 150 MB as a default. He has ordered additional storage in a total of 1 GB.

The package is configured to inform both me, the admin, and the customer about exceeding allotments when reaching 130 MB. This, of course is nice for clients having solely ordered the basic package, but for a client that pays for additional storage and hence has a total storage capacity of 1174 MB, it is pretty pointless to announce upcoming overdraft of the allotted resources when reaching the 130 MB threshold.

Is there a way to overwrite the threshold just for the additional storage package? I'd like to keep it for the basic package where such a notification is really useful when the client exceeds nearly 90% of the granted storage.

Thank you very much in advance!

This is a feature that has been added in Plesk 11.

In Plesk 10, if you have set a limit of X Mb and a notification at Y Mb, when you create an Add-On that adds Z Mb to X, notifications still happens at Y Mb (which is VERY annoying because you'd expect it to be Y Mb + Z Mb).

In Plesk 11, Z gets added to both limit X and notification Y, which is what we want.

Hello Faris!

Thank you very much for your reply!

Now that's good to hear that this will be changed with Plesk 11.

All the best!

Back