• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wrong DKIM signature after migration

QWeb Ric

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 9.3
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm part way through migrating websites from a CentOS 7.9 server running Plesk 18.0.59 Update #2 to Alma 9 running Plesk 18.0.60, and I've just noticed that if I click through to the mail settings of a transferred website, and then the "How to configure external DNS" link, the DKIM record that it tells me to add to the DNS is different to the original.

I've found a few bug reports of similar, but not quite identical, issues and some of those threads suggest just editing the DNS record on the new server to match the old, but we use external DNS servers and Plesk does appear to be correctly picking that up. It seems to me that the migration maybe isn't pulling the original private keys and is instead just creating new signatures, which then obviously wouldn't match the existing DNS records...

Do I need to actually edit the DNS records, or is there a cleaner way to get Plesk to use the original keys?

I do not think that the Plesk Migrator extension does migrate DKIM keys...
So all your domains on the new server will have a different key for the email signature than before.
For domains with local DNS you can most likely just uncheck and then enable the DKIM checkbox again, in order to fix the problem. (as this will align the DNS records with the stored DKIM key)
For external domains you will have to manually change the DNS records for every one of these.

I do not think that the Plesk Migrator extension does migrate DKIM keys...
So all your domains on the new server will have a different key for the email signature than before.
For domains with local DNS you can most likely just uncheck and then enable the DKIM checkbox again, in order to fix the problem. (as this will align the DNS records with the stored DKIM key)
For external domains you will have to manually change the DNS records for every one of these.
OK, well at least I know this is expected behaviour then. Bit of a pain but I suppose manageable.

Back