• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

XEN VPS + Oracle Linux + pfSense

Raakh5

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I am trying to install Plesk 12.x on subject VPS with no luck. The following message appears:

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Template processing failed: file = /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainVhost.php, error = Template_Exception: No data. file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Processor.php line: 28 code: 0 Previous error: Template_Variable_Exception: No data. file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Variable/AbstractCachedData.php line: 67 code: 0. Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter

I tried to generate broken and all configuration files but every time its displays the above message

Please advise.

Thanks in anticipation

Thanks from the bottom of my heart this article http://kb.odin.com/en/115979 fixed my problem but I noticed that domain directory created at /var/named/chroot/var/domain.tld instead of /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld

Please advise how can I change /var/named/chroot/var/domain.tld to /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld

Best regards

To change document root of the domain in Plesk control panel, please follow simple steps as below:
  1. Login in the Plesk admin panel and go the domain control panel.
  2. Click on Show Advance operations > Website Scripting and Security which will take you to a new page.
  3. Make the necessary changes in the document root and save the settings.
This should update all the configuration files related to the domain.

I haven't tried this in a long time and I don't have a plesk test server to verify the certainty of its functionally.

Thanks Abdi Joseph for your continues help but unfortunately I am not able to find anywhere Domains > Advance operations > Website Scripting and Security

My Plesk version is 12.0.8

Hello,

When I removed all domains and tried to create customer then its throwing following error:
Error: phpinimng failed: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/phpinimng", line 5, in import phpinimng File "/usr/local/psa/lib/modules/python/phpinimng/phpinimng.py", line 14, in import plesk_service File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/plesk_service.py", line 6, in from os_detect import OS File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py", line 244, in OS = OsDetect() File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py", line 70, in __init__ self.detect() File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py", line 75, in detect self._detect_os_version() File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py", line 79, in _detect_os_version self._detect_linux_version() File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/os_detect.py", line 111, in _detect_linux_version self.os_short_version = version_prefix + '.'.join( version.split('.', short_ver_parts)[:short_ver_parts] ) UnboundLocalError: local variable 'short_ver_parts' referenced before assignment

I bought Plesk license and 5 days passed but still having many problems. How can I contact their official support to fix it

Best regards

Thanks Abdi Joseph for your continues help but unfortunately I am not able to find anywhere Domains > Advance operations > Website Scripting and Security

My Plesk version is 12.0.8
Sorry, it's Domains => Domain Control Panel => Hosting Settings

Hi, I'm the Product Manager for Oracle Linux. First, it would be great if Plesk considered formally extending support to Oracle Linux. I'm happy to get you guys in contact with our ISV team to help you out on this. :)

In the meantime, here's what's happening:

Plesk uses Python's default platform module to do OS/distribution detection and Python is Oracle Linux aware. Therefore, it returns the correct distribution name of "oracle" to Plesk. However, Plesk has no idea what to do with that, because it has no logic to handle Oracle Linux. Therefore, we need to remove and edit some files so that Python returns "redhat" instead. This is pretty simple, but it will require active monitoring when upgrading the system, because the files may be restored by a future yum update of the host.

So, to work around Plesk's distribution detection logic:
  1. Delete /etc/oracle-release
  2. Edit /etc/issue and change the first line to "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.7 (Santiago)"
Code:
# python 
>> import platform 
>>platform.linux_distribution(full_distribution_name=0) 
('redhat', '6.7', 'Santiago')

As mentioned before, you need to do this before you install Plesk, so that the installation process believes it's running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and therefore creates the correct templates in the correct locations.

NOTE: if you run a yum update on the host and it upgrades the oraclelinux-release package, it will recreate the /etc/oracle-release file. You MUST delete this file for Plesk to continue working, or its distribution detection system will break again.

I've just tested this on a fresh install of Oracle Linux 6.7 and Plesk is working 100%. It's creating new users and websites and everything it's supposed to do.

Back