• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

xferlog_regular is always empty

PriyanA

Regular Pleskian
Panel version 11.5.30 Update #45
OS CentOS 6.4

Hi everyone,

I find my xferlog_regular is always empty for all my domains.

But xferlog_regular.processed has been updated once a day with new entries.

Is this normal behavior for Plesk 11.5(Linux) ? No live update in xferlog_regular for any domain?

May 22, 2014 04:28 AM xferlog_regular 0 B download.png
May 22, 2014 04:27 AM xferlog_regular.processed 632 KB

Thank you
Priyan A

It is domain's FTP log. Do you have any FTP connections to these domains?

yes Igor, i do have FTP connection to all these domains, I tried to upload files using FTP for few domains and check the xferlog_regular log for any update but found nothing.

I've noticed at 04:27 AM xferlog_regular.processed is updating with new entries.

How can i fix this issue?

Thank you.

But do you have any records about these FTP connections to domains in /usr/local/psa/var/log/xferlog file?

Look:

1. proftpd writes all ftp statistics into /usr/local/psa/var/log/xferlog
2. statistics process divides this log into parts and puts them into domain's xferlog_regular
3. Then this log is handled by statistics_log_processor and statistics_collector and after that all records from xferlog_regular are moved into xferlog_regular.processed
4. xferlog_regular resets to zero

Look:

1. proftpd writes all ftp statistics into /usr/local/psa/var/log/xferlog
2. statistics process divides this log into parts and puts them into domain's xferlog_regular
3. Then this log is handled by statistics_log_processor and statistics_collector and after that all records from xferlog_regular are moved into xferlog_regular.processed
4. xferlog_regular resets to zero

Problem with 2, always remains 0B.

No 3 happens at 04:27 AM and it contain correct details.

Could you please tell me how frequently (2) should have been updated?

logs.jpg

Thank you Igor,

I'm transferring files now using FTP.

Wonder why xferlog_regular last update still set to 4:28 AM 0 B.

I can see the access_log has been updated correctly and showing the Current time 5:35 PM

I can confirm that,

xferlog_regular not updating at all per any domain/vhost. Will always remain 0B.

Once a day xferlog_regular.processed will be updated with new entries per domain.

Checked on two seperate servers. FTP transfer files into domains but xferlog_regular is empty.

Can find those actions in /usr/local/psa/var/log/xferlog

at least Plesk update access_log and error_log real-time per domain.

Last edited:
Once again. xferlog_regular will be always 0B, except very-very short period when data from /usr/local/psa/var/log/xferlog will be placed in xferlog_regular, processed and xferlog_regular becomes 0B again.

Back