1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

xinetd on debian with plesk 8.1.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Hal9000, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Hal9000

Hal9000 Guest

Hi!
    My system is Debian 3.1 and originally I had a clean install of Plesk 8.0, which still used inetd on debian. I then subsequently upgraded to Plesk 8.1.0 and 8.1.1.
    Installing Plesk 8.1.1 on a fresh machine I noticed that now Plesk finally makes use of xinetd on debian as well. But on my "older" machine, inetd was kept after the upgrade.
    How can I switch to xinetd?

2. ZyanKLee

ZyanKLee Guest

just install it, shut down inetd and restart /etc/init.d/psa
    after this there were the new xinetd-scripts in /etc/xinetd.d/ - if they ain't create them.

They are called: ftp_psa poppassd_psa smtp_psa smtps_psa

3. Hal9000

Hal9000 Guest

i did apt-get install xinetd and dpkg-reconfigure psa, but it created only the poppassd_psa file. i created the others manually (copy from a xinetd-plesk server) and removed the lines from inetd.
    works fine.
    although i wonder what happens if i change qmail config in plesk, will it write in inetd or xinetd hehe... but too lazy to try...
    hal

4. ZyanKLee

ZyanKLee Guest

mine wrote in xinetd