• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question XML API <upload> to place files on websites?

HostaHost

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.x latest
Hi all, curious if the Plesk API 'upload' function can be used to place files on given websites by way of full path or other flags? Trying to figure out if we can perform SSL renewals which require placement of a DV file using just the API, so placement in the server's /var/www/vhosts/htdocs/ won't work.

From the looks of the examples found here shows it's uploading to a location that's not /var/www so from the looks of it, using the API you could upload anything to anywhere on the file system. You would need to do a test to confirm though but if I'm reading the document correctly, you could use the API to place the files wherever.

Very interesting, thanks; I'd only noticed the other part of that article talking about using it to place site application packages and missed the example showing arbitrary files. I'll give it a shot.

Back