• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Zabbix on a Plesk Server

speedbird

Basic Pleskian
Hi there...
I was wondering if it is possible to install the latest zabbix server with its web front-end on a Centos7 Server with Plesk Onyx without breaking the server config.

My worry is that the web frontend installation messes with the Plesk configuration and nothing is going to work anymore except for the zabbix frontend.

Is anyone running a zabbix installation on a Plesk box and able to share some information? Would be great!

Thanks!

Hello Igor, thank you very much for your input.
If I understand this guide correctly, the zabbix frontend configuration is written into a separate config file in apaches conf.d which apache loads and - in theory - should not interfere with Plesk configuration. Is that correct?

Would you rather recommend to set up a docker container instead? But if I chose that approach, I would have to also create a database container and a data container but as far as I know, there is currently no support to link docker containers in plesk or am I wrong?

Thanks so much!

If I understand this guide correctly, the zabbix frontend configuration is written into a separate config file in apaches conf.d which apache loads and - in theory - should not interfere with Plesk configuration. Is that correct?
Yes, this sounds like a correct assumption.
Would you rather recommend to set up a docker container instead? But if I chose that approach, I would have to also create a database container and a data container but as far as I know, there is currently no support to link docker containers in plesk or am I wrong?
Why not? Read more about Docker support in Plesk documentation. You really can place Zabbix database to the Docker mysql image.

> I was wondering if it is possible to install the latest zabbix server with its web front-end on a Centos7 Server with Plesk Onyx without breaking the server config.

I can confirm that everything works fine. The Zabbix web frontend is just a normal Apache alias so it works fine on a Plesk server.

Hi there. I'm currently trying to install Zabbix on CentOS 6 managed by Plesk 12.5.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make the front-end work with Plesk http management. I went through this thread here, but couldn't actually figure out the steps to go through.

Let's say I'd like to access Zabbix from http://zabbix.mydomain.com

- Zabbix originally places its front-end source in /usr/share/zabbix/
- Plesk only gets sources from /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/zabbix.mydomain.com/

=> trying to create a symbolic link between the two won't work
=> trying to copy the content of the 1st in the 2nd gets me a 500 error with no trace

How can I make Zabbix works in this configuration (but, like, step by step! : ) ?

Last edited:
Back