• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Zend Optimizer: HOW TO INSTALL?

B

belyakov

Hello,

I ‘m running Plesk 7.5.4 on a Linux RedHat9 platform.
I need to install Zend Optimizer so I downloaded the installation package (2.5.10 – latest one) from Zend website.

The package name was ZendOptimizer-2.5.10a-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz (the one that is for linux-glibc21-i386 platform) which is located here: http://www.zend.com/store/getfreefi...pid=13&zbid=919

I ran the installation via SSH and answered the following questions:

Q: Where is the php.ini file located?
A: /etc

Q: Specify location for Zend Optimizer Installation:
A: /usr/local/Zend

Q: Are you using Apache webserver?
A: Yes

Q: Specify the full path to the Apache control utility (apachectl)
A: /usr/sbin/apachectl

After that an installation was done and the installer performed the following actions:

1. Copied php.ini from /etc to /usr/local/Zend/etc & also placed a symbolic link to the new location in /etc
2. Added some lines to php.ini file

So everything went fine so far. But after Apache restart nothing changed. I see the Zend directory in /usr/local, I see in phpinfo() that a new ini-file was used from /usr/local/Zend/etc

But that’s all no ZendOptimizer running.

Can someone please tell me what went wrong?
What can I do to make it work?

Thank you.

Do you have at the end of the file php.ini zend_extension inclusion directives?

I'm having this same exact problem with installing zend optimizer.

Plesk 7.5.4 on RedHat 9 and it looks like it installed fine, all the stuff is in the correct php.ini...

I've reinstalled many times, everything checks right but phpinfo() doesn't show it installed and programs that require it can't use it.

This is a virtually clean plesk install, it was 7.5.3 and was upgraded to 7.5.4 using the rpm packages but nothing else has ever been changed in it.

Here's what's in my php.ini that Zend Optimizer added:

[Zend]
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-2.5.10
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-2.5.10
zend_optimizer.version=2.5.10a
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

I figured this problem out.. Turns out the newest version of Zend Optimizer doesn't work with the way plesk compiles php. The following link shows the solution:

http://www.zend.com/phorum/read.php?num=5&id=4257&thread=4045

Here's the solution from that thread:
First of all, the problem is that --enable-versioning is incompatible with the optimizer. The solution is, theoretically, to recompile php without this setting. If you are like me and are using plesk and therefore cannot recompile it without breaking stuff, you're screwed.

BUT! Zend 2.5.7 is compatible with --enable-versioning. Get this older version here:

http://downloads.zend.com/optimizer/2.5.7/

works fine on my Plesk PHP 4.4.0 (art)

Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v2.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2004, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.8, Copyright (c) 2003-2005, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v2.5.10, Copyright (c) 1998-2005, by Zend Technologies

PSA 7.5.4 Works for me.

Code:
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.8, Copyright (c) 2003-2005, by Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v2.5.10, Copyright (c) 1998-2005, by Zend Technologies

My problem was more stupid than real. Google Web Accelerator was on and caching my pages.

Back