• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PHP 7.3 failed with code 1

yer916

New Pleskian
Good day,

I've added sury.org repo, and installed PHP 7.4 & 7.3. Plesk automatically displayed PHP 7.4 by OS vendor, it works perfectly. PHP 7.3 did not automatically populate.

I added it via CLI:
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname 7.3lts -path /usr/bin/php-cgi7.3 -phpini /etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini -type fpm -clipath /usr/bin/php7.3 -poold /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d -service php7.3-fpm

Now it appears as an available PHP version. However when I go to set it for a site, I get the error:

Code:
Error: phpinimng failed: configuration test '/usr/bin/php-cgi7.3 --test' failed with code 1, and message:

Error in argument 1, char 1: no argument for option -

Usage: php-cgi7.3 [-q] [-h] [-s] [-v] [-i] [-f <file>]

php-cgi7.3 <file> [args...]

-a               Run interactively

-b <address:port>|<port> Bind Path for external FASTCGI Server mode

-C               Do not chdir to the script's directory

-c <path>|<file> Look for php.ini file in this directory

-n               No php.ini file will be used

-d foo[=bar]     Define INI entry foo with value 'bar'

-e               Generate extended information for debugger/profiler

-f <file>        Parse <file>.  Implies `-q'

-h               This help

-i               PHP information

-l               Syntax check only (lint)

-m               Show compiled in modules

-q               Quiet-mode.  Suppress HTTP Header output.

-s               Display colour syntax highlighted source.

-v               Version number

-w               Display source with stripped comments and whitespace.

-z <file>        Load Zend extension <file>.

-T <count>       Measure execution time of script repeated <count> times.

---

Any help would be wonderful.
Thanks in advance, Dave

The same command for adding PHP 5.6 also works like a charm

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname 5.6lts -path /usr/bin/php-cgi5.6 -phpini /etc/php/5.6/fpm/php.ini -type fpm -clipath /usr/bin/php5.6 -poold /etc/php/5.6/fpm/pool.d -service php5.6-fpm

PHP 5.6 can be selected for a site with no issues.
I've installed the same exact packages (of each version) of both

this exact setup also works for me on my config for PHP 7.0, 7.1, 7.2. I get this error for only 7.3 & 8.0

Just wondering why you are using PHP from a third-party vendor (sury.org repo) and not from Plesk?
What reason?

Just wondering why you are using PHP from a third-party vendor (sury.org repo) and not from Plesk?
What reason?
Because Ondřej continues to update 5.6-7.3 repos for vulnerabilities, and will do so when 7.4 is out of support as well

Note: PHP 5.6 stop receiving security updates after the 31st of December 2018. For more information about the PHP Lifecycle, please click here.
Plesk does not support any software being EOL(End Of Life). Using this version and all related dependencies are at your own risk.
All other supported PHP versions are regularly updated with the latest available updates.

Note: PHP 5.6 stop receiving security updates after the 31st of December 2018. For more information about the PHP Lifecycle, please click here.
Plesk does not support any software being EOL(End Of Life). Using this version and all related dependencies are at your own risk.
All other supported PHP versions are regularly updated with the latest available updates.
Understood, but my issue relies on PHP 7.3 & 8.0. I understand that I run older versions at my own risk.
Igor, would you have any clue as to why I would be receiving this error for these two specific versions? I've Googled for days before finally joining for help.
Thank you again.

Hello,

You should pass php fpm binary to -path option, instead of php-cgi one.
Wow, what an oversight! Thank you so much!

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname 7.3lts -path /usr/sbin/php-fpm7.3 -phpini /etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini -type fpm -clipath /usr/bin/php7.3 -poold /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d -service php7.3-fpm

works perfectly now. thank you again

Back