• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Zend Optimizer

E

EnigmaBCN

Hi!

Could anyone help me pls installing Zend Optimizer?

When starting to install it, it asks for the kind of server, it detects IIS and Apache, I choose Apache, then it asks for the php.ini location, I understand that the folder is:

C:\Program Files\SWSoft\Plesk\admin

Then it asks for the folder of the web server, really don't know where is it.

As I read everywhere, after installing Zend there are many problems, what should I do exactly to avoid them?

Anyone got Zend working without problems on Windows Plesk?

Thank you very much for any help!

The solution...

Well, since no one answered and had to find a solution, here is what I had done:

I added PHP5 to the server, running the Plesk 8.1.1 update, I choosed custom setup and activated PHP5 under script lenguage.

Stopped the Web Server service on Plesk monitor.

I installed Zend Optimizer 3.2.8, selected Apache Server 2.0, the route for the php.ini and also the Apache server is:

c:\Program Files\SWSoft\Plesk\admin

I deleted the two last lines that Zend adds to the Program Files\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\php.ini and added them to Program files\SWSoft\Plesk\additional\PleskPHP5\php.ini. By doing this, Plesk Control Panel will work again since it's using the first php.ini (PHP4), and only the sites configured to use PHP5 (you must enter the site setup, change PHP setup to use also as isapi) will be able to run Zend Optimizer.

Finally I activated again the Web Server service on Plesk monitor and every thing worked perfect.

Back