• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ZIP/RAR/TAR.GZ - How to extract them from Plesk ?

A

Alckatrovct

Hi there,
I've actually the Plesk 7.5 and still don't know How to EXTRACT the compressed file like "zip/rar/tar.gz" ???

and last question, How can I Backup all my files and databases, please ?

Regards.

The "smart people" way is to use the tar and gunzip comands on the file at the command line BUT if you like things simple like me just open them in XWindows (Gnome or KDE) in the file manager. You can right click them and click extract here or you can double click them and copy files out, etc. Kinda like in Windows.

I got so frusterated trying to un tar and gzip all the files I had to work with that I extracted them all in Windows XP, wrote them to a CD, and then put them back on my server. I did this mainly because I had one file that would not extract in Linux, I kept getting an error. I decided if I was going to extract one in Linux I would extract them all and it saved me some time. Anyone that knew what they were doing would never do that but hey, I don't know what I am doing! : )

Craig

I see..

Hi,
I see why now..
I'll try :) & thanks a lot for your information.

Regards,
Alckatrovct.

Originally posted by zboyblue
The "smart people" way is to use the tar and gunzip comands on the file at the command line BUT if you like things simple like me just open them in XWindows (Gnome or KDE) in the file manager. You can right click them and click extract here or you can double click them and copy files out, etc. Kinda like in Windows.

I got so frusterated trying to un tar and gzip all the files I had to work with that I extracted them all in Windows XP, wrote them to a CD, and then put them back on my server. I did this mainly because I had one file that would not extract in Linux, I kept getting an error. I decided if I was going to extract one in Linux I would extract them all and it saved me some time. Anyone that knew what they were doing would never do that but hey, I don't know what I am doing! : )

Craig

No problem at all. People reply to the questions that I ask so the least I can do is attempt to help others when I think I might have some info that might help them.

Good luck!

Craig

Or just install Midnight Commander and you can go into the compressed files themselves. No need for X.

@ zboyblue:
yeah, that's right :D

@ sieb:
thanks and I will see :)

See yaa both.

Originally posted by sieb
Or just install Midnight Commander and you can go into the compressed files themselves. No need for X.

Back