• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

0x800CCC0F when trying to send email from outlook express

I

idc1124

Hi,
I'm getting a 0x800CCC0F error from outlook express when trying to send e-mail through my domain e-mail. the error is:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.totalwebhq.com', Server: 'mail.totalwebhq.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

The outlook settings are,

incoming & outgoing are: mail.mydomain.com

Username: [email protected]

password:********

SPA: unchecked

Outgoing mail server:
My server requires authenication: check with use same setting
as incoming check & SPA uncheck

outgoing smtp port: 25

ssl: uncheck

incoming pop3 port 110

ssl: uncheck

Server setting:
allow mail relay: check

allow relay from authenicated senders: check with mailenable/integrated authenication check.

everything else: uncheck

I am able to receive mail through outlook express. The server doesn't have a firewall & is running Win 2003 server and Plesk 7.0
with up to date SP. Mail Enable verison 1.73.
Is there anything that I am missing that would cause this?
Thanks

exact issue

I am having the same exact issue with the same exact specifications. It does authenticate properly with the mail client if you use the domain owners password rather than the email users password for some reason. Anyone one know why this is happening?
domain: www.mygooglespace.com
domain login: xxxx
domain pass: xxxx

mail account
mail login: [email protected]
mail pass: testtest

If i setup the mail client it will not authenicate unless I use the domain password and not the mail accounts password. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Anyone resolve this issue...? My Redhat Plesk box worked just fine...this windows box is a nightmare. Who'd have thought ...

Back