• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.3.1 from 8.6 MySQL error

GearTalk

New Pleskian
I'm moving to a new server at the same webhost. The "old" server uses Plesk 8.6. The new server uses 10.3.1. (I'm not liking the change by the way). So, I migrated an unused domain today as a test and the migration failed.

The error log says that the error was a missing table in the MySQL set up.

ERROR: (database object 'diyguitar') Failed deployment of database user diyguitar of database diyguitar

ERROR: () Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update diyguitar -add_user diyguitar -type mysql -print-id -passwd '' failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to create database user: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist

Any ideas about this issue and how to fix it? I see that the domain was migrated (and a webspace created -- what the hell is a "webspace"). The DB and the DB user was also created but the DB is totally blank. There is nothing there.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
PS. Wow, did we really need the changes we got from Plesk 9 to Plesk 10? Really??

Try to create 'servers' table in 'mysql' database with

CREATE TABLE `servers` (
`Server_name` char(64) NOT NULL,
`Host` char(64) NOT NULL,
`Db` char(64) NOT NULL,
`Username` char(64) NOT NULL,
`Password` char(64) NOT NULL,
`Port` int(4) DEFAULT NULL,
`Socket` char(64) DEFAULT NULL,
`Wrapper` char(64) NOT NULL,
`Owner` char(64) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`Server_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
COMMENT='MySQL Foreign Servers table';

In which database? It seems like this should be in the Plesk db at the server level. That's where it would be in 9.0 anyway.

'mysql' database:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql

Great thanks. I'll give that a go.

One more question. The "old" server has 15 or so domains on it. I've been doing some test moves and I've been doing them one test domain at a time. I have a choice of moving the whole server or just domains, etc. I'm selecting just domains to migrate for my testing. However, I notice when I have a list of domains to migrate that there also an option to move the "server". It appears that this is a chance to move all the Plesk settings from the old server.

Should I migrate the "server" settings? Or will that mess things up. And, if I should migrate the server settings do I do that FIRST?? Or does that matter?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Back