• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.3.1 MU#4 - qmail: Can't send emails using apple client (mac/iPhone)

�lexM

New Pleskian
10.3.1 MU#4 - qmail: Can't send emails using apple client (mac/iPhone) and javamail

Hello,

Since we updated Plesk to 10.3.1 MU#4 we can't send emails using apple clients (mac, iPhone). Windows clients work correctly.
The error message in mac clients is "Server doesn't accept this authentication method".
I tried all ports (25, 587, 465), SSL and not SS with no luck also all authentication methods (password, MD5, NTLM,...)

Something at MU#4 made this happens.

I did read MU #4 and there are some changes about it. http://kb.odin.com/en/112046
I enabled and disabled PCI compliance with no luck. http://kb.odin.com/en/112039

/var/log/messages shows no errors (only EXIT with no submission).
maillog shows lots of "/var/qmail/bin/relaylock[11268]: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from X.X.X.X:XXXX (not defined)" when trying to send.

Any help?

Thank you!

EDIT: Also javamail isn't working.

Last edited:
same issue

We have the exact same issue. Just a note that this effecting mac and iphone clients only. Also it seams that Mac OS Lion 10.7.1 isn't affected.

Last edited:
@IgorG please investigate this asap. seems to be a big problem with MU4

in short because from my mobile device: System Ubuntu 10.04 x64 Plesk 10.3.1 Mu4

Problem: Sending email is completly broken NO customer is able to send emails. Mail program error: SMTP Error 250 authentication failed

I ll post logs later. hope you can provide us a quick fix soon because my customers are very unhappy with this :(

Ok guys, I have forwarded it to developers with highest priority. Will keep you updated.

More info

PLESK VERSION
10.3.1 CentOS 5 1013110726.09

ARCH
x86_64

OS
CentOS release 5.6 (Final)

PLESK MICROUPDATES
<patches>
<product id="plesk" version="10.3.1">
<patch version="4" timestamp="" />
</product>
</patches>

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Apple clients cannot send email. Windows clients work correctly.
The error message in mac clients is "Server doesn't accept this authentication method".

Nothing of any interest logged in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog, /var/log/messages or /var/log/secure

Quick workaround until it will be fixed - use old qmail-smtpd and authpsa.
Extract it from .deb or .rpm of plesk for your linux version and overwrite the file existing in the system. Also, make sure you don't have ​/var/qmail/control/rejectplain

Need quick fix help

My understanding for a quick fix is...
Stop SMTP Server (QMail)
Replace qmail-smtpd at /var/qmail/bin/
with previous version, restart SMTP Server (QMail)
and all is well for now?

I have no idea how to get the previous qmail-smtpd
from
psa-qmail-1.03-cos5.build1012110525.15.x86_64.rpm (My Os)

Anyone care to help a novice like me?

My System is Debian 6.0.2 and Plesk 10.3.1, no Apple clients, only Horde Webmai and Windows-/Linux-Mailclients. Everything was good til MU#6. Now Horde-Login fails with Message "Login failed because your username or password was entered incorrectly." - I´m sure, I entered it correctly - and normal POP3-Client fail with Message "Server does not support PLAIN text authentication".

PLAIN text authentication worked for many years til MU#6. Thanks a lot for MU#6 ;-(

How can I change back to working Horde login and working PLAIN text authentication??? I´ve got a lot of users, who can no longer login to email.

Holger

Back