• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.4.4 Autoinstaller Problem

Thanks Igor, 8447 is definitely open - I think this may be another Strato issue, I'm experiencing this on two of their servers. I haven't got that problem on any of my 1and1 servers. Hm!

So I've tried the command line installer instead using my mirror, and it works fine apart from when the system starts processing the microupdates. I'm getting an MD5 checksum error like this:

ERROR: error during prepare patch plesk-10.4.4~patch7
The MD5 checksum of the /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/MU5/l10n/common/resources/languages/ja-JP/components/forms/ip-addresses-selector.php.tmp file does not match the value specified in the configuration file.
Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Another server gives me this:

ERROR: error during prepare patch plesk-10.4.4~patch7
The MD5 checksum of the /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/microupdates/MU1/common/common_php_plib_Plesk_Base_Http_WebDav_Client.php.tmp file does not match the value specified in the configuration file.

What can I do? I've already tried deleting the /root/parallels directory but the error comes right back.

Hi Jay, I updated one of my servers at Strato via my local mirror to MU7 without problems. Are you sure your mirror is completely updated?

Hi eilko, I've followed the instructions in the document Igor linked to so I've done the following:

rsync -auv --delete rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/PSA_10.4.4 /var/www/vhosts/pinkstone.co.uk/plesk

rsync -auv --delete rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/SITEBUILDER_10.4.4 /var/www/vhosts/pinkstone.co.uk/plesk

rsync -auv --delete rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/BILLING_10.4.4 /var/www/vhosts/pinkstone.co.uk/plesk

rsync -auv --delete rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/'autoinstall/products.inf3 autoinstall/plesk.inf3 autoinstall/pp-sitebuilder.inf3 autoinstall/billing.inf3 autoinstall/setemplates.inf3 autoinstall/mysql.inf3 autoinstall/apache.inf3 autoinstall/sitebuilder.inf3 autoinstall/sso.inf3' /var/www/vhosts/pinkstone.co.uk/plesk

rsync -auv --delete rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/Parallels_Installer /var/www/vhosts/pinkstone.co.uk/plesk

Next I've removed the following two statements from products.inf3:

<product id="ppsmbe" name="Parallels Small Business Panel" reference="ppsmbe.inf3" />
<product id="sitebuilder" name="Sitebuilder 4.5 and earlier versions (for Plesk 9 and earlier)" reference="sitebuilder.inf3" />

And that's it. I didn't rsync the EZ templates as I'm not using them. A daily cron job executes the rsync statements from script file to keep it updated. Is that correct?

I've installed from the mirror onto a fresh server I've rebuilt yesterday which worked fine, but then when I wanted to add some components I noticed that in the GUI the updates screen goes white. Went back to the command line and then the MD5 checksum thing happens.

That’s correct. Strange thing is that if you run the autoupdater from command line with
--source /var/www/vhosts/pinkstone.co.uk/plesk you should not get an error in /root/parallels as this is the default folder of the autoupdater.

So try

./parallels_installer_v3.11.0_build111102.17_os_CentOS_6_i386 --source /var/www/vhosts/pinkstone.co.uk/plesk

Actually the mirror is on a different server than the one I want to update, does that make a difference? I'm using

./parallels_installer_v3.11.0_build111102.17_os_Cent OS_6_i386 --source http://plesk.pinkstone.co.uk

because I have three servers that need to use the mirror. Could that be the culprit for the MD5 error?

that should also work. Then it will use the /root/parallels folder.

I would try:
1. remove /root/parallels folder and use autoupdate again
2. if not working, remove the microupdates folder in your mirror, resync again and then autoupdate again from the other server

Hi eilko,

this took quite some time but I found something. I tired deleting that directory as well as the miroupdates on the mirror, then re-rsyncing it - but sadly it had the same effect on the installation. So I decided to rebuild the entire mirror just in case (which took most of the day), however the problem came right back. Dang!

Then I thought that maybe it does make a difference if the mirror is on a different server and the http connection is the culprit. So I've rebuilt the mirror directly on the Strato server I want to upgrade (in /var/mirror). This also took several hours. But then I could upgrade without any problems using

./parallels_installer_v3.11.0_build111102.17_os_CentOS_6_x86_64 --source /var/mirror

The process was much faster than before too (naturally). I'll try this on my other Strato server tomorrow and will let you know if that also works fine. Weird, but a http mirror isn't working for me. I still only get a white screen when I try to navigate to the Updates settings in the GUI though... is that working OK on your server, eilko?

Thanks for your help, Igor and eilko - it's very much appreciated!!

Last edited:
Just use a proxy server outside the Strato IP address range

Just recently I updated my servers in the Strato IP address range to v10.4.4 using a proxy server.

You can easily find fast, open proxies in any country using web sites like "proxy-listen.de" or so.
For security reasons it might be good to check the IP addresses owner and reputation first.

Using the shell, then manually start the autoinstaller, without any parameters.
When prompted, give it the IP address and the port of a (fast) proxy server, let's say in the U.S.
Everything ran fine.

Back