• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

10.4.4 Autoinstaller Problem

Jay Versluis

Regular Pleskian
Same problem here when I try to update to MU5:

Select the desired products and their versions
===============================================================================

The following product versions are available:

1. [*] Parallels Plesk Panel
2. (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 (currently installed)

N) Go to the next page; P) Go to the previous page; Q) Cancel installing
To select a version, type the respective number;
Select an action [N]:
File downloading PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-i386.inf3:
ERROR: Failed to download the package http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-i386.inf3:
The requested URL returned error: 403
Not all packages were installed.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Thank you. I have reported it to developers. They will check this issue immediately.

Also could you please let me know IP from which you try to update Plesk?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Igor,

I'm trying to do this on IP 85.214.251.9 - I've just checked again, it's still not working. Both the one-click installer and the autoinstaller come up against the same problem.

I think the easiest solution is probably to create a copy of PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-i386.inf3: without the ":" at the end, or re-upload the tweaked files that ask for the wrong file.

Igor it is nothing on the client side. Autoinstaller, webinstaller in Plesk all are not able to get this file. Although the file is there without the trailing : .

the /tmp/autoinstaller.log gives:

The SelectBestBuild function has selected the build PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-i386.inf3 for installation.
Product page: selected releases: 'PLESK_10_4_4'
The SelectBestBuild function has selected the build PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-i386.inf3 for installation.
FileFetcher: get file (~empty)/PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-i386.inf3
File downloading PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-i386.inf3: Warning: BuildLoader finish with unsuccess.
Error: Failed to download the package http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos6-i386.inf3:
The requested URL returned error: 403
Not all packages were installed.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Last edited:
That makes no sense as they offer the 10.x installation themselves. I will contact them. If this can't be resolved Strato and Parallels looses this customer :(

Igor, I have three servers with Strato, and the one I got two weeks ago was very happy to install 10.3.1 and upgrade to 10.4.4. So I have a good 10.4.4 installation with a Strato server.

I'm trying to setup a new one which currently has 10.3.1 on it but I have no luck upgrading it or doing a clean install on it. I'm happy to contact them and see what they say though.

I totally agree with eilko though... it does not make sense at all.

It is Strato policy and I think that if many customers inform them that they want to use 10.4.4 version, they will change their policy :)

It might be Strato's policy but I am parallels paying customer. If you deny me access with the autoupdater you should provide me another way to update.

You can try to create own mirror with Plesk repository as it is described in Deployment Guide - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/10.4/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-deployment-guide/
And note that we do not deny access to autounstaller for you personally but deny it according your service provider request. This is not beneficial for us too. So, if many Starto customers wants to use 10.4.4 why you do not ask your service provider to change their policy?

rsync is running. Is it possible to mirror only one distribution? For instance only centos? I can't find it in the Deployment guide.

That's an excellent idea! I'll give that a go too.

Once my mirror is setup, how do I tell the installer to take it from my mirror instead of the Parallels website?

OK I got an answer out of Strato. They're basically saying that they're "testing" Plesk 10.4.4 and will make it accessible once they're happy with it. They ask us kindly to be patient. Until then, 10.3.1 is the highest version they're allowing on Strato servers.

In the meantime, I'll make a mirror available - it's not quite ready yet, but I'll post a link here when it is. Watch this space ;-)

I also wrote an email to strato because of the same problem and the answer was that parallels is blocking the request from strato and they have to invastigate why. I hope someone will soon setting up an mirror to keep my server up to date with the latest patches. Appending a short

See the link Igor provided to create the mirror. The mirror of the 10.4.4 tree takes about 10Gb. I put the files in /mirror . Make sure you edit the products.inf as described in the docs. Then you can update with your own mirror with:

./parallels_installer_v3.11.0_build111102.17_os_CentOS_6_i386 --source /mirror

works fine, Plesk updated to MU6.

Public Mirror

OK guys,

I've setup a public mirror at http://plesk.pinkstone.co.uk - works a treat, I've just tested it. To upgrade your site using this mirror, download the installer file as described, then run it with the switch --source http://plesk.pinkstone.co.uk as eilko explained.

I'll leave it up for a month or two, enjoy! All distributions are included, but no EZ templates.

I have a question though: when updates become available, will Plesk look at this mirror or will it check the official Parallels repos for the latest Microupdates?

Just keep your mirror updated and set 'Download installation files from' to 'Mirror server' in 'Updates source and installation settings'.

Igor, where so I find "Updates source and installation settings"?

I've looked under "Update and Upgrade Settings". "Updates and Upgrades" used to bring me to the installation manager, however now it's only a blank screen... any ideas?

Back