• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.4.4 | Fatal Error | Changing subscription owners

fearz

Regular Pleskian
Linux earth.itekhost.com 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 17:53:09 EST 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Centos OS5
10.4.4 MU# 12

Case:

Trying to change two domains from a subscriber to the other

Got this:

Reassigning Selected Subscriptions
ERROR: PleskFatalException
Picker not supported
0: UIPointer.php:611
UIPointer->accessPicker(string 'GET', object of type plesk__client__domain__chowner)
1: UIPointer.php:593
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
2: plesk.php:45

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log

2012-01-14 01:42:45: (mod_fastcgi.c.2588) FastCGI-stderr: PleskFatalException: Picker not supported
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/UIPointer.php
line: 611
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/UIPointer.php(593): UIPointer->accessPicker('GET', Object(plesk__client__domain__chowner))
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/plesk.php(45): UIPointer->access('GET')
#2 {main}

The error is caused by a lot of domains having vendor_id = NULL
And this is because upgrade from a previous version was not successfully finished. Most probably that table '​clients' also has NULLs for vendor_id. If it is admin's domain your cat try to set vendor_id as 1 or ID of reseller if it is reseller's domain. In any case fixing of database inconsistency is required and I suggest you contact Support Team if you can't do it by yourself.

And this is because upgrade from a previous version was not successfully finished. Most probably that table '​clients' also has NULLs for vendor_id. If it is admin's domain your cat try to set vendor_id as 1 or ID of reseller if it is reseller's domain. In any case fixing of database inconsistency is required and I suggest you contact Support Team if you can't do it by yourself.

Wie kann man das beheben?

Hi Support,

your answer is absolutely correct: "upgrade from a previous version was not successfully finished" ...
BUT who was the programmer of_this_shit_upgrade_script ???
Microsoft, or was it anyone else ?
Now we silly customers should pay for support to fix this ???
You make an error after the other and silly customers should pay for that ?

Same error here after upgrading to 10.4.4 last weekend.

There is only one user in the table "clients" which has a NULL vendor_id, and that's the user "admin".

"admin" isn't the current and not the new owner of the subscription.

If i set the vendor_id to 3 or 4, which is the id the most others have, i get a blank page after selecting the new owner. Sometimes there is an internal server error.

If i set it to 1, i get the same error as with NULL, but a step earlier (after selecting the new owner). With vendor_id NULL it shows the error after comparing the current and new resources.

Sorry, but it is really difficult to say something without database investigation. There is some inconsistency and it can be found and fixed only with direct access to database. Therefore I suggest you contact Support Team.

I've got the EXACT same error. I've never touched the Plesk database manually, so this is obviously a bug somewhere in the Parallels/Plesk software.

Can you please let me know how I can get free support for this issue.

ps. Since this is obviously due to a bug in Plesk (including Plesk update) software, once you've solved this issue for one customer the solution needs to be added to the KB for all other customers who come across this problem.

Thanks.

FURTHER INFO - I've viewed the clients table in the database. The only client that has NULL for vendor_id (and parent_id) is the admin client. Every other client uses the ID of the admin client in the vendor_id and parent_id field. I'm trying to move a subscription between two clients (not to/from admin client).

Last edited:
Parallels support is here - http://www.parallels.com/support
If you report bug to Support team it means that you wish that your problem should be fixed on your server. In that case you pay for support, but not for bug report.

Also if you pay $75 for incident and support confirm that it is really bug of our product - you will receive one free incident bonus.

I think that is reasonable and fair.

Also if you pay $75 for incident and support confirm that it is really bug of our product - you will receive one free incident bonus.

First of all - thanks very much for the quick response.

I'm not interested in having a credit for future support, as generally I don't require any support other than for resolution to bugs.

Am I able to get a refund instead of a free incident bonus?

OK, after looking at the tables again today i recognized that the "cl_id" and "vendor_id" of the domain (which caused the problem) were reversed in the domains table . The vendor_id in the record didn't exist at all in the system and that caused the error message. After changing that manually in the database it shows the client and vendor correctly in the interface.

For the record, my sys admins sorted it out for me, so I didn't end up submitting a support ticket to Parallels.

I will stay away from that Plesk feature until future Plesk versions, as I don't want to be the guinea pig.

Fix?

Is there already known what is wrong after the update so we can fix this ourselfs? Or do we still need to make a bug-report?

I had the exact same problem. I just changed the owner of the domain ("subscription") in psa database:
update domains set cl_id = 999 where id = 888;

999 = id of new owner ("client") from table clients
888 = id of domain to be changed.

Hope this did not break anything?! Did not have time to check the exact corruption of the database.

I had the exact same problem. I just changed the owner of the domain ("subscription") in psa database:
update domains set cl_id = 999 where id = 888;

999 = id of new owner ("client") from table clients
888 = id of domain to be changed.

Hope this did not break anything?! Did not have time to check the exact corruption of the database.

It is really not good idea to do it directly in database. It's usually leads to total database inconsistency.

It is really not good idea to do it directly in database. It's usually leads to total database inconsistency.

Thanks Igor. I guess it is too much to ask what should be checked to avoid more problems.

There are no NULL vendor_id or any other value in domains.
Only row in clients with NULL vendor_id (and parent_id) is admin.
Additionally there are a lot of NULLs in clients: limits_id, params_id, perm_id and the unimportant-sounding logo_id, templ_id, sapp_pool_id.

That does not seem to match the description of corruption in the posts above.

Back