• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

10.4.4 - Unable to renew Licence Key

S

SpiritWolf

Hello all, not had any problems with Plesk until today!

I'm unable to renew the licence key for our server, info as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel 10.4.4, Windows Server 2003 x86

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Unable to bypass Licence Key Renewal Page.Unable to renew expired Licence Key via Plesk Control Panel.
The error that appears is:

Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, you need to obtain and install a new valid license key. Your license key has expired. To continue using your Panel, you must purchase a non-expiring commercial license key.

There's a button to 'Retrieve Keys' which is clickable.

ACTUAL RESULT
Clicking 'Retrieve Keys' makes the Control Panel show a blank page. HTTPFox shows there is a HTTP 500 error.
The PHP Admin error log shows the following:

[29-Mar-2012 10:55:25] PHP Fatal error: Class SB_Extension_PP_WinLogWriter contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Zend_Log_FactoryInterface::factory) in C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\sb\include\SB\Extension\PP\WinLogWriter.php on line 16

EXPECTED RESULT
Licence Keys are renewed successfully.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
None, sorry.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope someone out there can help! Thank you.

It is known bug and it is fixed in upcoming 11.x Plesk version. Now I can recommend you receive and install new license manually.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm unable to find out how to manually update the key - I've had a look in the KB but I'm unable to find anything.

Could you let me know how to do this or point me to a KB article I might've missed please?

Thank you.

Just receive it as file from your sales representative and install it as new.

Back