• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

11.5.30 Update #48 removed link to version 12 upgrade

KirkM

Regular Pleskian
After last night's auto-update to MU 48, I no longer have the link on the panel home page to upgrade the panel to V12 and going to the update / add components area doesn't give me the option either. All traces of being able to upgrade the panel to v 12 have disappeared.

Anyone know what is going on with this?

I am beginning to think the MU broke the connection of the panel to Parallels servers. The Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades link just opens a blank window that never loads. I would guess that is also why the link on the home page is gone. There is no connection to Parallels so it doesn't know about the upgrade any more.

Any way to check / fix the connection to the Parallels servers? It worked just fine until the MU update last night.

Please check that port 8447 is not firewalled on your server.

Also show me output of following command:

# wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk.inf3

--2014-10-24 02:20:42-- http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk.inf3
Resolving autoinstall.plesk.com... 72.21.81.253
Connecting to autoinstall.plesk.com|72.21.81.253|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 284525 (278K) [text/xml]
Saving to: “plesk.inf3”

100%[======================================>] 284,525 1.45M/s in 0.2s

2014-10-24 02:20:44 (1.45 MB/s) - “plesk.inf3” saved [284525/284525]

New question -
Did MU 48 change the way the plesk updater works? I finally got through to the update page and it is asking for the login credentials. (see screenshot)
I have never seen this before and this server has never allowed root login. As I said, I haven't changed a thing and it showed the v12 update available until MU 48 last night.Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 11.24.55 PM.png

OK, got it. The MU 48 evidently wiped the OS user credentials for installing software. I had to put in my su credentials and now it shows me the updates and upgrades page with the v12 panel upgrade available (although the link and upgrade notification still isn't in the home page of the panel like it used to be). Not sure why that would be caused by an MU update, but evidently it was necessary for some reason... or a bug or a glitch.

Anyway, thanks for your help Igor.

Back