• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[11.5] Log files gone for customers by FTP

LinqLOL

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Just installed a server with Plesk 11.5. Looks all nice BUT seems the error log is missing in the logs directory. I
do understand why it's done. BUT most of our customers are used to view the access and error logs with their FTP client.

I'm prety sure if we roll out this update to our current 11.09 servers it will bring on a sh*tload of pissed of customers (using GUI is not really an option).
Any ideas or work-arounds for this behaviour?

Last edited:
Sorry I have to apoligize. It seems there is a delay on creating the error_log, when it's there all is updated fine :)

@nikolay you know if a plesk procces does this or is it caused by a apache/nginx reload? Just for the records :)

Sorry I have to apoligize. It seems there is a delay on creating the error_log, when it's there all is updated fine :)

@nikolay you know if a plesk procces does this or is it caused by a apache/nginx reload? Just for the records :)

You don't have to apologize. :)

Yes, as a matter of fact I do know. Basically there are now two sets of logs - one for customer (in $HTTPD_VHOSTS_D/$domain/logs) and another for system (in $HTTPD_VHOSTS_D/system/$domain/logs). System logs are obviously created on web server reload/restart. Customer logs are created once a day (during Plesk Daily Maintenance script run) based on system logs, but already created logs are updated immediately as the system logs are updated. Customer logs are also created just after domain creation, provided web servers have restarted/reloaded and created them quickly enough.

Back