• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

12.0.18 to 12.5 upgrade, memory & apparmor warning (apparmor not installed)

meech

New Pleskian
Hello,

When starting Plesk upgrade from 12.0.18 MU71 to 12.5, I am getting the following error on the pre-upgrade test page:

Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
/etc/init.d/apparmor: 35: .: Can't open /lib/apparmor/functions
WARNING: Not enough memory to perform the upgrade: You should have at least 200 megabytes free. The current amount of free memory is: 65108 Kb
-----

I'm on Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140610.21
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Apparmor is not installed. Running "apparmor_status" command in terminal:
The program 'apparmor_status' is currently not installed.

Just to confirm, the 200 megabytes free requirement is referring to RAM, correct? If so, that part of the error I should be able to address by temporarily increasing VPS resources. The Apparmor error I'm unsure about.

Any help to move forward would be much appreciated. Let me know if there is any additional system info would be helpful!

Thank you!!

Last edited:
WARNING: Not enough memory to perform the upgrade: You should have at least 200 megabytes free. The current amount of free memory is: 65108 Kb
First increase your memory regardless of wether apparmor_status is installed or not, then attempt to run the upgrade again ...

I am having this same issue, although my VPS is 1GB and am only using less than half that in regular RAM usage.

Any ideas?
Do you have /etc/init.d/apparmor file?
In this case run

# /etc/init.d/apparmor stop
# /etc/init.d/apparmor teardown
# update-rc.d -f apparmor remove

for complete disabling apparmor and restart server.

Back