• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question 12.5 Upgrade to Onyx 17.8.11

CruzMark

Regular Pleskian
Do some pre-upgrade research. I have 3 older plesk servers running 12.5 that I need to upgrade to Onyx 17.8.11 and have a couple of questions:

1. For those that have done this, what should I expect to break?
2. How long should the upgrade process take? A few minutes? An hour? All night?

Here are the basic stats on one of my servers. The rest are more or less the same:

Plesk version: psa v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_CentOS 7
OS Version: ‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬

119 Customers/Subscriptions
0 Resellers
179 Domains

/25 block of IP addresses on server

Thanks for your answers.

1. In fact, nothing should break after an upgrade. But if it breaks, then it can be anything.
2. It also depends on the number of mailboxes. I do not think that an upgrade can take more than an hour.

Do some pre-upgrade research. I have 3 older plesk servers running 12.5 that I need to upgrade to Onyx 17.8.11 and have a couple of questions:

1. For those that have done this, what should I expect to break?
2. How long should the upgrade process take? A few minutes? An hour? All night?

Here are the basic stats on one of my servers. The rest are more or less the same:

Plesk version: psa v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_CentOS 7
OS Version: ‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬

119 Customers/Subscriptions
0 Resellers
179 Domains

/25 block of IP addresses on server

Thanks for your answers.

While a recent upgrade of ten servers went off without a hitch, it's still a good idea to take a snapshot or backup image of those servers and kick off the process after work hours to help minimize any potential downtime should you run into an issue that's not quick or easy to recover from.

Yep, that's why I want to know how long. Like, do I need to stay up all night?

Though there is no "after work hours" when folks from all over the world are visiting websites. But after United States work hours is good enough.

Thanks.

While a recent upgrade of ten servers went off without a hitch, it's still a good idea to take a snapshot or backup image of those servers and kick off the process after work hours to help minimize any potential downtime should you run into an issue that's not quick or easy to recover from.

Back