• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Valerij

New Pleskian
Hi everyone :), I'm really going crazy to configure DNS using Plesk (Centos 6.8) + 1and1:

Step 1) I created web spaces in Plesk and created also DNS zones (for each website).
Step 2) I created an A record (for each domain) in the 1and1 admin panel to point to the VPS IP (WORKS)
Step 3) I created an MX record (for each domain) in the 1and1 admin panel to manage email accounts with postfix (WORKS)

I have an issue with NameServers configuration:
a) If I use 1and1 NameServers website is on-line, postfix goes well but SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records can not be found.
b) Reminder: 1and1 allow to use a customized NameServer + a default 1and1 NameServer...furthermore...1and1 does not allow to use 2 different NamerServers with same IP so...
...when I use ns.mydomain.com (default DNS record in Plesk) + 1and1 default NameServer I have ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED (http, ftp, email...nothing works)

What I have done:
- Plesk DNS configuration is:
- - domain.com (NS) ns.domain.com
- - ns.domain.com (A) IP
- DNS port 53 is open and not locked by firewall
- DNS icon in Plesk is green (ON) and set to Master DNS Zone
- SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records are correctly configured in Plesk
- I updated all Plesk components to the latest version
- Plesk services reboot done
- Named (Bind) service is started in Virtuozzo

Questions are:
- What's my faults?:(
- To use SPF, DomainKey and Dmarc records I really need to use my NameServers? :(
- How to configure Plesk ? :(

Back