• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

2 Domain SSLs on 1 shared IP address?

BernieG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Can I have 2 domain SSLs setup on 1 shared IP address in Plesk? If so, how would I go about setting this up?

Or do I need to have a dedicated IP address for each domain SSL?

Thank you!

Hi Igor,

I took a look at the link you sent me.

How can I check if SNI is switched on in Plesk?

Also, I see that it says the following in the article but after I check on "Enable SSL support" for my domain. When I go back to the "SSL certificate" menu it doesn't give me an option to select the SSL and click OK. It only shows the SSL that I created before but it doesn't seem to be linked to my domain name because when I go to the website the SSL doesn't seem to be working.

15.To install the certificate on a site, return to the Websites & Domains tab, and click the domain name of the website that you want to to secure.
16.To switch on SSL protection, select the Enable SSL support checkbox.
17.From the SSL certificate menu, select your SSL certificate and click OK.

I'm on a shared IP, and based on your response I should be able to have multiple SSLs for a shared IP addres using SNI but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there anything else I can try doing?

Thank you!

First of all make sure that you have installed Apache with SNI support. Just run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and check in menu that you have it:

17. (=) Apache web server with SNI support

Ok, it wasn't installed. I went ahead and installed it and now I see the pull-down menu where I can select the SSL.

Thank you!!

Ok, this did seem to work at the beginning but now I notice with "SNI support" it works fine in IE9 but doesn't work in IE8 or older browsers.

I tried running the "autoinstaller" again to remove the "SNI support" but it doesn't let me remove it when I try to toggle it off.

I'm trying to get things back the original way I had it, but when I try to delete the self-signed SSL I created in "power user" mode it doesn't let me because it is being used by that domain. I receive the following error:

Error: Unable to remove certificates: one or several certificates are assigned to the IP addresses/domains.

I tried going to the "hosting settings" and it shows the self-signed SSL there but it doesn't allow me to delete it from this screen either.

How can I delete this self-signed SSL from the "power user" section of my domain? Or how can I disable the "SNI support" feature?

Also, where on the server are these SSLs being saved under?

Thank you!

Back