• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 2 Plesk servers, 1 domain.

nalayh

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46
Hello everyone.
I hope someone can help me with the configuration/solution.

I have 2 servers with Debian 11.4 and Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46, one is to act as a web server and the other as a mail server. So I have, 1 domain in which the DNS at provider level I point by IP to the web server and the MX record pointing to the server I use for mail.
On both servers, I have an SSL certificate installed for the .com domain. It is a Wildcard certificate. And they are correctly assigned to the domain.

I have the problem when I try to configure the email accounts by IMAPs in MacOS. It always shows me the message "could not verify the name or password", when they are correct.
The Plesk configuration for mail and MAC says to point to https://example.com/[email protected].
But since that URL points to the web server which has no mail, it shows as not existing.
How can I fix this error and be able to configure the email accounts correctly?
By the way, I have the same problem with Outlook 365. I can't configure the accounts. However, if I use Mozilla Thumderbird, it is configured without any problem.

-----

Hola a todos.
Espero que alguien me pueda ayudar con la configuración/solución.

Tengo 2 servidores con Debian 11.4 y Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46, uno es para hacer de servidor web y el otro como servidor de correo. Por lo que tengo, 1 dominio en el que las DNS a nivel de proveedor apunto por IP al servidor de web y el registro MX que apunta al servidor que uso para el correo.
En ambos servidores, tengo instalado un certificado SSL para el dominio.com. Es un certificado de tipo Wildcard. Y están asignados correctamente al dominio.

El problema lo tengo cuando intento configurar las cuentas de correo electrónico por IMAPs en MacOS o en Office 365. Siempre me muestra el mensaje "no se pudo verificar el nombre o la contraseña", cuando son correctos.
La configuración de Plesk para el correo y MAC dice que apuntes a https://example.com/[email protected]
Pero como esa URL apunta al servidor web que no tiene correo, pues aparece como que no existe.
¿Cómo hago para solucionar este error y poder configurar correctamente las cuentas de correo?
Por cierto, el mismo problema lo tengo con Outlook 365. No consigo configurar las cuentas. Sin embargo si uso Mozilla Thumderbird, se configura sin problema.

You can use the panel.ini Editor to change the mailserver names that Plesk uses for these autodiscover services and info/help pages.
Assuming that the DNS record for mail.DOMAIN.TLD points to the server used for email, you would need to add the following lines:

Code:
[mail]
clientConfig.incomingServer = mail.<domain>
clientConfig.outgoingServer = mail.<domain>

Thank you very much for your help. I have added those lines on both servers and still have the same problem.
Can you think of anything else I can look at?

Thanks

Back