• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 2Gb Upload Backup Limit

dualred

New Pleskian
I have created a full backup of my server, and then, I dowloaded to my computer. If I try to upload it to another plesk server, (with the same version), It doen't work.
My backup is 90Gb size, and I have modified the listed files:
- /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
post_max_size=200G
upload_max_filesize=200G
max_memory=200G

- /etc/nginx/nginx.conf
client_max_body_size 200G;

- /etc/sw-cp-server/config
client_max_body_size 200G;

Now it seems to upload the file, but when thre transfer is complete, the server deletes the file and return an error.

90 G is way too large to import this through the browser. Instead upload the file to any location on your server by FTP. It does not matter where it is uploaded to. Then login with SSH and run this command to import it into your local backups:
# PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="yourpassword" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /path/to/file.tar
Replace yourpassword with the password that was used to protect the backup. Replace /path/to/file.tar with the path and filename of the uploaded file. Once the file has been imported into Plesk's backup system you can see the backup set in Plesk's backup manager. You can then restore anything from that backup from Plesk's backup manager, either selective of fully.

90 G is way too large to import this through the browser. Instead upload the file to any location on your server by FTP. It does not matter where it is uploaded to. Then login with SSH and run this command to import it into your local backups:
# PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="yourpassword" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /path/to/file.tar
Replace yourpassword with the password that was used to protect the backup. Replace /path/to/file.tar with the path and filename of the uploaded file. Once the file has been imported into Plesk's backup system you can see the backup set in Plesk's backup manager. You can then restore anything from that backup from Plesk's backup manager, either selective of fully.
Many thanks, We will try

How is the command for multi-volume backups? I mean, I have backup_xxx.tar, backup_xxx.tar1, backup_xxx.tar2, ..., backup_xxx.tar13
Uploading through web interface causes 413 error. I already changed nginx configuration and /etc/sw-cp-server/config, but error still occurs.
I need to import these backup-files through Plesk CLI

Figured it out:
Bash:
PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD='enter_your_backuppassword' plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /var/mybackup/backup_2108060943.tar --join-volumes
"--join-volumes" is the necessary command-attachment, seems that join-volumes looks for tar1, tar2, tar3 and so on for its own. Nevertheless I get error 113 and error 111, but the backup files were imported into Plesk and were available for restore.

How do I make it so that it doesn't duplicate the backup?
I just want to "register" the backup file to the backup manager web interface and restore it when needed directly reading from the initial uploaded file.

Thanks in advanced!

How do I make it so that it doesn't duplicate the backup?
I just want to "register" the backup file to the backup manager web interface and restore it when needed directly reading from the initial uploaded file.

Thanks in advanced!
Are you "admin" of the server? Then you can allow local FTP storage spaces, upload your existing backup file to that space and point the backup manager to that space to use it as an "extern" FTP storage space. Else why not simply import the backup to the local storage and then remove the backup file that was imported?

I'm, but I want to avoid using ftp, I'm trying to automate the backups with a bash script that then sends it to an sftp (ssh) server. In that part, I'm good, but, since we are a small company I don't want the system to be dependent on me for restoring some backup when needed. Hence, I need the backups to be "registered" in the backup manager Plesk web ui, so that they are easy to restore fore anyone else.

Back