• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 3306 port is not accessible - how to fix it ?

Sergey K.

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.55 Update #2, last updated on Oct 8, 2023 04:15 PM
Hi, dear Community!
I've got 2 dedicated servers: CentOS + Plesk Obsidian - direct access to DB by port worked
I've migrated to new dedicated server: Ubuntu + Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.55 Update #2

for new server - Done:
1) Firewall port rule was added
2) IPban - my IP was added to the Trusted IP
3) DB user with access by IP was disabled (for test) done

When I try to test with Telnet site.com 3306 - I've got refuse connection: "Could not open connection to the host, on port 3306: Connect failed"

Sorry for the stupid question: have I missed something to grant access to DB 3306 port ?

Ubuntu-3306.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Which MariaDB version are you using on your new server and what is the content of the line "bind-address" in /etc/my.cnf on the new server? That line should either be "bind-address = ::" for MariaDB versions prior 10.6 or it must not exist at all for versions 10.6 or later, if you want to access the database server from a non-localhost ip address. Please remember to restart the MariaDB service after editing /etc/my.cnf.

Thanks for your advice - solved.

How to fix direct access to 3306 (short manual)

1. Go to /etc/mysql/my.cnf
2. Change parameter to: bind-address = ::
3. Restart DB server: sudo service mysqld restart
4. Done. Direct access to port 3306 is available.
4.1 Don't forget to add "Allow remote connections from", where is your IP in your DB user connection settings

Thanks again for your time and advices.

Back