1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Party SPAM Software

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bhelmick, Oct 7, 2005.

1. bhelmick

bhelmick Guest

Does anyone know of a distributed spam filtering application that is Plesk friendly?

Our SPAM problem is just out of control. SpamAssassian is catching almost nothing recently and I'm getting many complaints from my users who are reporting upwards of 200 SPAM messages a day.

I've put my PC users on Cloudmark SaftyBar and that solved the problem entirely. However half of our company is on Macs and I'm not aware of a similar program available for Macs. So I'm looking for alternatives.

Any ideas are appreciated.

2. perler

perler Guest

did you try to extend your spamassassin installation with rules_du_jour ? easy and effective..

PAT

3. poke

poke Guest

Hey perler,
    I few of my resellers use http://www.mailroute.net/ .... It's pretty neat, I drops the SPAM/Virus before it even hits your network.

It costs money though :(

4. perler

perler Guest

no, it cost's HUGE amounts of money. come on, 2$ per EMAIL ADRESS (!).. :))

PAT

5. poke

poke Guest

This is why only a FEW resellers go this route, it was just a suggestion ;)

6. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Are you currently using the standard SA installed by Plesk?

Other options you may want to consider:

-ART's qmail-scanner package (free, donation)

-Reinstall SA (has solved problem for another poster last month)

-Check your user's whitelists

-Implement RulesDuJour (as posted above by perler) (free)

-ART's Project Gamera (free, donation)

-Purchase 4PSA's SpamGuardian ($)