• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

500 internal server error PHP timeout

W

WouterRonline

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem:

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 9.5.5
Windows 2008 Server (web edition)
PHP safe mode: off
PHP max_execution_time: 30

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
When running a script that takes longer than 30 seconds, I get the 500 internal server error message and not the "normal" response (max execution time of 30 seconds is reached). Also, this message always appears after about 40 secondes. Also, after putting set_time_limit(3600); into the code this same results happen.

ACTUAL RESULT
Both with and without the set_time_limit code:

After about 40 seconds a 500 internal server error appears

EXPECTED RESULT
Without set_time_limit:

After 30 seconds a message will appear saying the 30 seconds max execution limit is reached.

With set_time_limit:

The full script runs with a max of the number of seconds set in the set_time_limit

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I tried several things, but nothing seems to work. I'm looking for possible solutions or ideas to further investigate the problem (like some tips about logs to check).

Additional note: when switching from FastCGI to CGI, the problem is solved. So it has something to do with FastCGI. Are there any specific logs or settings for this protocol?

i have this problem too :(
Fast CGI or ISAPI not work
PHP 5.2.17 with ISAPI only show when i use phpinfo();

Can anyone help us? Maybe somebody from Parallels?

Just a simple answer can help us: Are there any FastCGI specific logs or settings?

Back