• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

500 - Internal Server Error - Plesk 9.2.1 CP

D

D. Rosseter

Good morning - I seem to be getting a 500 page instead of the control panel login screen after upgrade. I poked through all the posts I could find on the topic but none of them seem to apply or work - I think the secret lies in the first line of the error log messages generated.

Cannot find config item ["global/SERVERsocket==:8443", ".php", 0]
2009-05-31 08:30:00: (mod_fastcgi.c.1000) the fastcgi-backend /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm failed to start:
2009-05-31 08:30:00: (mod_fastcgi.c.1004) child exited with status 1 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm
2009-05-31 08:30:00: (mod_fastcgi.c.1007) if you try do run PHP as FastCGI backend make sure you use the FastCGI enabled version.
You can find out if it is the right one by executing 'php -v' and it should display '(cgi-fcgi)' in the output, NOT (cgi) NOR (cli)
For more information check http://www.lighttpd.net/documentation/fastcgi.html#preparing-php-as-a-fastcgi-program
2009-05-31 08:30:00: (mod_fastcgi.c.1012) If this is PHP on Gentoo add fastcgi to the USE flags
2009-05-31 08:30:00: (mod_fastcgi.c.1105) [ERROR]: spawning fcgi failed.

when I run the failed command directly from shell, I get this..

PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 30
Expires: Fri, 28 May 1999 00:00:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:32:47 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
P3P: CP="NON COR CURa ADMa OUR NOR UNI COM NAV STA"
Content-type: text/html

<html><head><title></title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/common.js?plesk_version=psa-9.2.1-92090422.13"/></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/prototype.js?plesk_version=psa-9.2.1-92090422.13"></script>
<script>
var opt_no_frames = false;
var opt_integrated_mode = false;
</script>

</head><body onLoad=";top.location='/login.php3';"></body></html><!--______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________IE error page size limitation______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-->

I suspect my problem lies there someplace. So, I did the next logical thing, I tried to look into auth.php3 to see what line 30 is, but it seems to be encrypted..Which brings me to you fine folks

Other than the CP, the server seems to be behaving normally - But, Of course, I won't know that entirely until after I can get inside.

running CentOS 4.7 , & ART's php 5.2.9, MySQL 5.0.79

--PS I also uninstalled, reinstalled, force installed everything PSA related several times. I also performed the upgrade via the commandline autoinstaller.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Mods, if you could move this thread to Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2 for Linux/UNIX Troubleshooting Issues it would be appreciated - I posted here by mistake. Thank you.

I still have yet to find a solution, but I am certain that the problem lies outside of the PSA database, and although I still have no idea what is causing the issue, it really does seem to be related to a rewrite condition thats not being met.

So, I found the solution. The updater went wrong and installed plesk-billing 6.0.3-20090422.06 without removing plesk-billing 6.0.1-20090127.21 first. the conflict cause Plesk to fail. Once I deleted both packages and restarted the control panel, all was well.

Back