• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 502 Bad Gateway nginx after auto update Version 17.5.3 Update #54

DevFB

New Pleskian
Hi,

All websites on my DV are displaying: 502 Bad Gateway nginx

On logging into plesk I can see a few hours prior the plesk automaticaly updated.
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #54, last updated on July 24, 2018 09:28 PM

I have restarted services and rebooted the server via the plesk panel several times since.

Note. during reboot if attemping to view one of the websites and pressing F5 to keep refreshing the browser, the sites show up for about 1 sec then display the: 502 Bad Gateway nginx.

Does anyone have any ideas ? All services appear to be working.

Problem sovled!

After the Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #54 after trying numerous restarts and reboots...

I turned off the firewall. And all sites instantly came back up. So I thought maybe an OLD rule was effected by the plesk update (strange). So I thought I would turn the firewall back on and then go through each rule - but it still worked! (even stranger). So in disabling the firewall - then enabling it again (at which time it creates the script for the rules) - it seemed to of cleared the problem.

I'm still abit puzzled - but I'll take it as a lucky win.

OK, that threw a spanner in the works. This morning (some 17 hours later) the 502 Bad Gateway nginx appeared in the browser once again when viewing any website on my DV. (all other services like mail / mySQL is fine still).

So in plesk, I disabled the firewall and the sites are back again - then immediately turning on the firewall, the sites are still fine.

Would anyone know what could make something in the firewall suddenly block all sites after a certain time? Then disabling and enabling the firewall again and the sites are back up once more.

Puzzling.

Back