• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

503 This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings

Here is the real solution...

Solution;
Check "Allow relay for priviledged IP ranges" and add "127.0.0.1" to Deny Relay Rights. Dont add any IP to Grant relay rights.
Uncheck ""Allow relay for local sender addresses".

Thanks to all for this post. I was pulling my hair out as well and this solved it for me as well.

I am also facing same Problem on today.

When some one is sending email to one of my hosted domain
it gives error like:

72.1.1.1 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.
Giving up on 72.1.1.1

Then I looked at Config file Domain.Tab . Domain name is not
listed at Domain.Tab. I made entry of domain at Domain.Tab.

Its working fine.

Why the Domain 's name has gone at the DOMAIN.TAB file ???

Anybody known?

I am also facing same Problem on today.

When some one is sending email to one of my hosted domain
it gives error like:

72.1.1.1 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.
Giving up on 72.1.1.1

Then I looked at Config file Domain.Tab . Domain name is not
listed at Domain.Tab. I made entry of domain at Domain.Tab.

Its working fine.

This one fixed my problem. Removing the IP Authentication worked too, but after the one gentleman offered that this would mess with sending from the local box, I found that my DOMAIN.TAB was also empty (located in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Config\ ) I renamed DOMAIN.TAB, copied DOMAIN.SAV to DOMAIN.TAB, restarted ALL MailEnable services (just in case) and voila, mail is going everywhere it's supposed to.

Thanks for all the hard investigative work, guys. You really made my day. :)

Back