• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 504 Gateway Time-out in wordpress plugin

raha.ab

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50
Hi
I installed the plugin in wordpress that is exporting everything from my website and with this I can import in new domain
I changed manythings in PHP and Apache and Ngnix , but still see this error: 504 Gateway Time-out

Code:
max_execution_time = 3000000000000
max_input_time = 60000000
memory_limit = 4000M
post_max_size = 80M
upload_max_filesize = 800M
max_file_uploads = 200
max_input_vars = 1000000

What is the problem? Why this error occurred ?
I have 64 gig Ram and 2 cpu in HPE G10 , there is no matter how much hardware it need , it stop suddenly ...

1677779298662.png

1677779370706.png
1677779434561.png

1 week expressed in seconds seems a bit long. Maybe setting more realistic values would be good. Maybe 10 minutes would already be an excessively long wait timeout. The same is true by the way for the PHP values. They are way too long.

1 week expressed in seconds seems a bit long. Maybe setting more realistic values would be good. Maybe 10 minutes would already be an excessively long wait timeout. The same is true by the way for the PHP values. They are way too long.
I changed that time to 10 minuets or 600 second
also changed the php settings to what you told me

max_execution_time = 3000
max_input_time = 600
memory_limit = 4000M
post_max_size = 80M
max_file_uploads = 200
max_input_vars = 10000

Again I got server error 500

You can find your logs in the /logs directory of your subscription or see them with the "Logs" icon from "Websites & Domains".

I changed that time to 10 minuets or 600 second
also changed the php settings to what you told me

max_execution_time = 3000
max_input_time = 600
memory_limit = 4000M
post_max_size = 80M
max_file_uploads = 200
max_input_vars = 10000

Again I got server error 500

@raha.ab

You have configured Apache to be very "free" in resource usage, probably causing the resource overusage and hence the timeouts and issues.

The All Export plugin does not require such settings - not at all, never.

In addition, the BIG QUESTION here is : which php config file did you change?? (take the wrong one and you will have issues like you have now)

Please revert to the original settings of PHP!

After that, just edit wp-config.php of the problematic WordPress domain and add

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '384M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

in order to make sure that the WP instance has sufficient memory - this should not be necessary, but it will make sure that we can rule out that your WP site runs with standard PHP settings and with sufficient memory : if issues persist, then it is certainly not memory related.

As a final remark, please do not focus this much on the issues, but remember your original goal

I installed the plugin in wordpress that is exporting everything from my website and with this I can import in new domain

and then consider to use

1 - when the new domain is on the same server : the Site Import tool that is native to Plesk, OR

2 - when the new domain is on another server with Plesk : use the Migration Manager,

and these - basic - Plesk tools would probably be able to help you realize your goal / objective much faster than using the WP All Export plugin.

I hope the above helps....

Kind regards.....

Back